CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Vs. Fall

WOW! Where has this summer gone?
I cannot believe there is only 2.5 weeks before school starts! To me, this is bitter sweet.
Fall is my FAVORITE season of the year. I love the cool, crisp air. I love the shorter days. I love apple picking. I love the beautiful leaves. I love going to the Valley to pick out pumpkins with the boys, and later making jack-o-lanterns. I love pumpkin spice lattes. I love chilly evenings, spent snuggled under a blanket with hubby. I love baking because the house doesn't get too warm. I love Halloween. I love my mulled cider, apple & pumpkin candles. I love warm comfy jammies.Fall to me is like New Years to everyone else. I know January 1st is when most people set a resolution, sign up for gym memberships etc. but my personal New Years is September 22nd (….the first day of fall if you haven’t caught on yet). This is when I find my surge of motivation. I get my butt back on the treadmill (with the fall line up to distract me from the burning tingles running through my calves) and reconnect with people who I may not have seen over the summer months (if this reconnection happens to occur over, let’s just say, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, then so be it. I’m just sayin’). Just like New Year’s Eve, fall instills in me that ambitious hope that come Christmas I will be a happier-20-30-pound-lighter version of my current self.
On the other hand, the kids will be back in school...this is the bitter sweet part of it all. We have had SUCH a busy, fun summer. Having the kids home was wonderful (most days). From camping to swimming to going to the beach to going to the "local" amusement park, to spending rainy afternoons at the library, to going out for ice cream every night, our summer has been so busy! That is the bitter part, not being able to do all that stuff. The sweet part will be having my whole day with only Parker! To only have to worry about getting him fed at lunch time. To having a quiet house all afternoon while he naps and to not have to listen to arguing amongst the older boys.
All in all I think I am pretty pumped about the impending change of season.
As for now, I am going to continue to enjoy the last little bit of summer. I am hoping to squeeze in a couple more beach trips and maybe a camping trip before it gets too cold. I should also try to stuff my mouth with whatever junk food I can find before I jump back on the healthy eating wagon ;)
Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! Here are a few pics of the last few weeks :)

Us in the big city

One of my very best friends who lives 3 hours away :( Was SO nice to meet up with my girlfriends in the "big city"

The whole reason we were in the city :) Such a beautiful wedding!

Us at the wedding

Camping 2011!

Our 3 fishies!

They DO love each other!!!

Beam me up Scotty!

My awesome friends & family that surprised me for my 30th birthday!

Paris ain't got nothing on Parker :)

Cousins <3

Mama & her boys



0 comments:

Post a Comment