CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Monday, February 7, 2011

Mean Mama Monday

Mean Mama On Church
My kids are made to go to church on Sunday. Is that mean or what?

Ever since I was a little girl, Sundays were church days. I "grew up" in the church and as I grew too old for Sunday school I became part of the youth group as well as a Sunday school teacher.
As a teenager I made some bad choices and decided I no longer needed Jesus in my life, I could do it all by myself.
Because I myself had a "mean mama" who always made us go to church, I always knew I wasn't living how I should be. No matter where I was in my life I always felt conviction. Today, I am thankful for my "mean Mama."
After I got married and we had more kids, I knew I wanted them to also be raised in the church.
I pray every day that they will grow up knowing how much Jesus loves them and even if they make wrong choices He will still love them. I also pray that they will walk in God's plans for their lives. The Bible says in
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " He has a plan for each of our lives, we just have to follow His direction.
I worry so much about them growing up the way the world is now, the way drugs seem to run so freely in this town, the way everything is so acceptable these days. All I can do is leave them in God's hands and trust him to keep them safe in His hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment