CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Riley J!


Another sleepless night, but this WAS due to contractions.


After calling Mom at around 1:30 AM I was moved to the delivery room. I was only 2 cms dilated but contractions were more regular and more intense. After trying the exercise ball, a bath, screaming insanities I decided it was time for an epidural because none of the above were working for me. I had an epi around 5:00 AM. If I didn't have a 1st cousin named Isaac, Riley would have been an Isaac, after the man who took away all my pain (next best thing to Jesus I would have to say). Unfortunately my body did not seem to like the big needle in my back and my blood pressure plummeted. Dr. Isaac was called back up and after a shot of ephedrine we were well on our way to having a baby. At 9:00 AM I was 4 cms but my contractions seemed to disappear so the doc put me on the drip and broke my water. By 11:40 I was 10 cms dilated and by 11:54 AM on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 I was finally a Mama. My beautiful Riley Jeremiah was born weighing 6 lbs 14 ozs. I was so in love the minute I layed eyes on him.
I cannot believe that was 8 whole years ago.
Riley, how are you turning 8??? What happened to my little baby?? You are growing up into such a great little man. You are our witty comedian and you love pulling pranks. You have your Mama's sense of humor! You love to draw and game. You are very quiet and shy when you are anywhere but home. I love that you still like to cuddle with me. My wish for you is that you would be yourself and never let anyone decide who you should be. Be a leader, not a follower. You are such a smart kid. Thank you for making me a Mama. I love you Riley J. Happy 8th birthday hunny!

 
Mama & Riley's 1st picture :)

 Riley had jaundice quite bad. I HATED having to keep him in his incubator :(

 The day we finally came home from the hospital. ( We were in a week with his jaundice)

0 comments:

Post a Comment