CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bookworm

I admit, I am a bookworm.

I am currently reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. I must say it is a "dangerous" book. Once I start reading I am in a whole other world. A world where there is no laundry, dishes, beds to be made, floors to be swept, diapers to be changed or kids to be played with. It truly is an amazing book! It is a book that grabs your attention within the first paragraph of chapter 1.

P-Dawg is going to be like his Mama. He LOVES books. He is such a BUSY little guy and will not sit for anything...except for a book. That seems to be the only time I can sneak a cuddle out of him.
I was at "Frenchy's" (the local thrift store) Friday night. I had a couple books for P-Dawg mixed in with my loot. The man behind me (a retired teacher who is very well known in the community for his volunteer work with the "Memorial Club") was talking to me about how much reading to your children boosts their ability to learn. I mentioned the baby and how much he loves books. I thought he was going to hug me ;) He said "I don't even know you and I am proud of you."
Reading is great. To me it is almost therapeutic, it is definitely a form of stress relief. Is there anything better than a nice warm bubble bath and a good book at the end of a long day? Is there anything worse than falling asleep with book in hand while you are in the bath? Let's just say, this copy of "House Rules" has a few wrinkly pages ;) At least it is dry now! (and 100% legible)
Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment