CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Monday, January 10, 2011

Mean Mama Monday

Mean Mama On Yelling
I have a problem. Either I am deaf and can't hear myself or I think my kids are deaf and cannot hear me. My problem is "raising my voice". I get SO frustrated sometimes with Riley & Jack. After telling them the same thing over and over day in and day out, they must be deaf right? I must HAVE to raise my voice so they can hear me....right? SO WHY DOESN'T IT WORK? They clearly LOVE my voice, so much that they act up just so they can hear it. I ALWAYS said I would never yell at my kids......man, I was SUCH a great Mama before I had kids.
Can you get a supplement for patience? I seem to be lacking. I am jealous of the Mom's that when their kid is hanging from the chandelier they say ever so calmly "now now Johnny, that is a very dangerous thing you are doing, could you please get down, we don't do thinks like that...." Maybe not to that extreme but you get my drift. I always remind myself that I could be worse...like the woman in the grocery store the other day..."JOHNNY, SIT THE F***K DOWN RIGHT NOW OR I WILL PULL YOUR PANTS DOWN AND SPANK YOUR A** SO HARD YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SIT ANYMORE" (true story and it was ALL I could do not to go pull her pants down and give her a wallop)  Soooo I guess it could be worse...but for my standards it could be better. I could be better. Yelling (CLEARLY) does not work. I need to learn how to manage my frusteration better. Try more positive reinforcement. I have all the patience in the world for little ones who do not know better but when it comes to an almost 8 yr old and a 4 1/2 yr old my patience runs thin.

1 comments:

Janette said...

Let me know if you find any of those supplements for patience, I could really use some. Like you say, it could be worse...but it could be better. I want to be better too! Let me know if you find a cure lol

Post a Comment