CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Total Pageviews


Friday, January 28, 2011

Color Blind

I was talking to my cousin this morning and she was telling me a story about her 7 yr old that I just have to share.
Because Martin Luther King Day was January 17th the kids were learning all about him in school.
My cousins little guy "A" is a VERY intelligent 7 yr old. He loves to go home to his family and tell them all about what he learned in school. So this particular day he was telling them all about Martin Luther King. About how he was black and back then the black people were slaves, and couldn't be friends with the white. He was very surprised that black people were not even allowed on the bus with white people. After he educated his whole family about Martin Luther King he looks up and says ever so innocently "but Mom, how did they know who was black and who was white?"
If only everyone could have eyes like a child <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment